Friday, June 10, 2011

Big Advancements

Dada seems to have fallen by the wayside a bit in favor of Mama. We also have baba and what sometimes sounds like papa. We think that might actually be puff. 'Cause she says it in her high chair a lot. Not too far off from Pop Pop and Poppy though!

She waved last weekend. We went to a garage sale and the homeowner came up to us and started talking and Kaida just started waving at her. Now she'll wave sometimes but rarely when you are actually encouraging her to do so.

And she's been clapping for a while but it was very halfhearted. Like, Oh, my hands happened to meet in front of me, I guess I'll mush them together a few more times. A couple days ago she started clapping with intent. And now it actually makes a little bit of noise too!
I got applause after I changed her diaper today, it's nice to feel appreciated but she clapped for herself after she crawled halfway across the room too. So I think it's more of a signal that we did something, not that we necessarily did it well.

She crawled off the edge of our bed the other day. I knew it was coming 'cause she kept trying to explore the edges. And I had caught her from falling off the other side about 2 minutes earlier. She cried for a minute or two but seemed fine. She didn't want me to be too far away for about an hour after that but now she's back to not caring where I am too much.

She's had a cough again for a while. Tuesday night she freaked out twice and couldn't go back to sleep by herself (oh yeah, we night weaned her) and she had a bit of a fever so we went to the doctor on Wednesday. She said that it wasn't an ear infection yet but that it was red so we started the amoxicillin again. She doesn't pull on her ears when they hurt her but she wouldn't let me touch that side of her head. She would pull my hand away. So I guess that will be how we know in the future.

Here are some of her 9 month portraits.












No comments:

Post a Comment